Monday, May 2, 2011

Unconventional Tabbouleh Salad

Have you ever been craving something absolutely delicious, but had no desire to turn on the stove? This has been my story all week long and I have been turning out unblogworthy, basic and bland food as a result- SO not me. Today, I opened the fridge to find a hodgepodge of leftovers and really wanted something mediterranean. Tabbouleh salad. I wanted more than the traditional bulgur, tomato, parsley blend, so I looked for other tasty ingredients I could add. Feta? Check. Fresh oregano and grilled chicken? Check and check. The result was something incredibly satisfying, healthy and fabulous without much effort at all.  

Unconventional Tabbouleh Salad
(Serves 1. Double, triple or quadruple the recipe for more people)

1 C cooked Coarse Grind Bulgur 
1 Roma Tomato
4 oz Grilled chicken breast
2 C Salad Greens (I used a Baby Romaine Blend)
1/4 C Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp Salt 
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp chopped fresh Parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh Oregano

Mix all ingredients except salad greens well, can be stored overnight. Toss with greens just before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment