Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tortellini Salad



I don't measure when I cook. Ever. Baking, however, is a science and of course, requires the measurements to be exact. But I'm not a baker, I'm a cook. I have one recipe on here with approximate measurements based on the amount of an ingredient that I believe I have added...Confession- It was probably a palmful of feta in my Tabbouleh Salad, not 1/4 cup, or a couple of turns around the bowl of olive oil, not 2 teaspoons...you get the point. So, I'm going to start using the measurements that I use on a daily basis...a pinch of this, a palmful of that, season to taste. To me, that's what cooking is all about, the feel of being in control of the flavors that you are creating without having to drag out all kinds of tools to get the flavors right. The best tools you will ever have in the kitchen are your hands.

That being said, here is my version of pasta salad.

Tortellini Salad
(Serves 12)

3 packages Cheese Tortellini, cooked and cooled completely
1 container Grape Tomatoes, cut into halves
1/2 bag Shredded Carrot, or 2 peeled, thinly sliced carrots
1 container of Feta and Olives from your local deli counter or antipasto bar
1 large palmful of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 head chopped fresh Broccoli Florets
1 container mini fresh Mozerella Balls
1/2 bottle Light Balsamic Vinaigrette

Toss all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment