Monday, April 25, 2011

Who I am...

Growing up, I never left the South. I was content to stay where I was, never thinking for a moment that I would one day be living the adventure that I am on right now.

When I met my husband, I was so sure of my stable little life and what I wanted out of it- marriage, a house, a yard, a few kids, a dog...and happily for me, everything we did was textbook. We went to school, began our careers, bought a home and got engaged. Our lives seemed complete as we planned our happily ever after and then one day he came home with the words that would change our lives forever- "I'm joining the Coast Guard."

After picking myself up off of the floor, I made the decision to go with the flow and have since opened my stable little life up to a roller coaster ride I would gladly go on again and again.

We were married on the beach in Hawaii in October that year and then had a large ceremony for family and friends in November. Nine months after our wedding, we found out that we were pregnant with our little girl. We moved to California. Our daughter was born on 3-2-10, a countdown, which is very fitting for our family.  When she was six weeks old, we moved to Boston.

Between juggling our two dogs, dealing with my husband's deployments and putting on a brave face for my little girl even when I am about to lose it, life can get a bit chaotic at times. But even when things are absolutely crazy around here, I find joy in cooking. It's my therapy (along with wine) and my true happy place. My mission is to share my love of cooking with all of you and to show you that it can be fun- (and easy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment